A random collection of things to Bloggle your mind

Sunday 29 April 2012

TGI Friday! Boo its Sunday!

Had a new experience this weekend!


My boyfriend and I visited TGI Friday in Westfield shopping center Stratford.
I have never been to one before, however it soon became apparent that he had.


It looked very like our sort of place. We both love typical American food, BBQ etc.
I have to admit, once I knew we were going there, I was glazing over the menu pretty much every day leading up to our visit. 


We decided to share a starter of buffalo wings. They were amazing! Slightly spicy and with an amazing blue cheese dip and celery. Such a simple dish, yet it tasted SO GOOD!
For mains we both opted for the half rack BBQ ribs (a full rack looked far too big!) with the shrimp combo. Again, AMAZING. The ribs were so tender, they literally fell off the bone. The chips were amazing too. They served the ribs with a pot of BBQ glaze. Have to say my fingers were rather sticky by the end of it!


I would highly recommend TGI Friday for food, but the other side of it is the bar.  We sat in the bar for a bit while waiting for a table. The bartenders bizzyly creating endless concoctions from a multitude of spirits and liquers.
I've heard that in the menu, there are over 500 different types of cocktails to choose from......
I did a quick calculation:
If you averaged at 4 visits per year, having 2 cocktails on each visit....
It would take you 62 years to work your way through the entire menu!


I'd be 83 by the time i'm finished!


So what did we have? 
We both went for large, served in a MASSIVE glass, resembling a goldfish bowl. I started with "Purple Rain", a deliciously naughty blend of rum, vodka, blue curaco, chambord and grenadine. While my boy had Barbados iced tea, a tropical take of the traditional Iced tea with vodka, triple sec, barcadi, malibu and pineapple juice.


We finished those ones too quickly though. So, what a shame, had to order another with the meal! :)
This time my boyfriend had the Purple Rain, and I had a Beverly Hills Iced tea, created entirely from alcohol! Rum, Vodka, Triple Sec, Gin and Champagne!


So looking forward to going back again! I hope it is soon!
I've signed my boyfriend up to the birthday club! (it's his 20th in July!) with a voucher for free cocktails!!! :) He doesn't know this yet.........well.....he does now!

No comments:

Post a Comment