A random collection of things to Bloggle your mind

Saturday 7 April 2012

HATE second hand car dealers!!!

Just because i'm a woman!!! Doesn't mean you can mess me around!!!


So I go back this morning to the car dealership, with my offers in my head.
The car is £1295, I will start at £1150 and my highest offer being £1175. I offered up to £500 deposit right there and then on my card, their choice of amounts.......and the rest to be given in cash on Thursday when I pick it up.


Did the git budge???? Did he even blink???? Did he even try to negotiate??? Did he shit!


JUST because I am a girl does not mean that I will not go down without a fight.  The owner was not even going to budge from his figure, and so I politely said "Okay, Goodbye" turned on my heels and walked away. 6 years in a charity shop where people are constantly trying to knock down prices definitely taught me alot. 


Now, in this day and age, you would think that car sales are declining, recession and all that, people don't have the money to spend on cars. My offer was not out of the question, and for the sake of £140 the owner refused to bargain. He even had the cheek to claim that he could "Sell these cars all day". Seeing as that particular car has been there the last 2 days i've gone, he's not doing a very good job.


*sigh* 


But to me it's his loss. I gave him the chance of an instant sale and he refused. I'm very surprised he even let me walk away, without taking any contact details. Did he underestimate me? Did he assume that because I am a young girl, low budget I wasn't going to fight? 



It was a no deal for this one. There are 2 types of sales people that I hate:
1. The kind who try and get your undivided attention in a totally inconvenient situation
2. The kind who even when you give them your undivided attention, are not interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment