A random collection of things to Bloggle your mind

Tuesday 17 April 2012

The rain rains on the just and the unjust

Morning readers!


Cor, what a rotten day! It's wet and windy and gloomy and just horrible.
My bedroom faces towards the sea, so I always feel the full force of any wind. This morning it sounds like a hurricane outside! The wind whistling and howling loudly, the rain pounding against my windows.

It's a day off for me. A day to write my final essay, to pack up bags for charity and to make sure every possible event of the upcoming weeks is written in my diary. I have taken after my parents, in keeping my diary from last year (for reference). For example, on this day last year I was travelling to Coventry. I was going for an audition at Warwick College the next day, for a place of the performing arts course. I may have been successful in gaining a place, but boy that would have been the wrong thing for me. What a difference a year makes! 

The house feels cold this morning though, sitting on my bed and the duvet underneath me is freezing, not nice. Yet, it's days like this that one can reflect upon life. Plan ahead. Take productive steps to move forward. Looking around my room, this is where I grew up. I've spent the last 21 years of my life in this room (not solidly of course!) and the time is fast approaching to create my own path in the world.

My room is full of tat, really! Everything from my small collection of clothes, and even smaller selection of shoes, to reference books, ornaments and my 3000 strong pin collection. Pictures hidden away in draws that really need to be out on display. Past family, past friends and my general past life. The thought of having to condense this all down in one go was terribly daunting, so, from about December onwards (as this was the time I realised where I wanted my life to go) I have been sorting it all a little at a time. I may set aside an afternoon to do a drawer, or half my wardrobe, or one shelf. We are getting there! Mind you, everytime I vacuum in here it ends up messy again within 48 hours.

This is such a random entry! Let me write some more of my essay and maybe I will think of something better for you guys later!

Have a good day!
Carpe Diem!
Go on, seize it! :P
x <3  x

 


No comments:

Post a Comment