A random collection of things to Bloggle your mind

Tuesday 24 April 2012

Good Olde Pub Grub!

I can lie in bed now with my digestive biscuits and a honey, lemon and Whisky.
Oh woe is me! LOL


I'm actually quite hungry. (I always am hungry)
So let's talk about and drool over traditional English pub grub!


Everything from traditional beer battered fish and chips, to a steak and kidney pie. I love pub grub!
Pub grub is traditionally quite greasy and massive portions. Maybe this is linked to the location and the owners feel they can get away with cheap/ greasy food as most of the people eating there will maybe be slightly intoxicated.


Nowadays, many pubs are moving in a more gourmet/ gastropub direction. 
The usual very limited menus are now being replaced with a wide variety of continental dishes. One can walk into most pubs and order pizza, pasta, tapas, calamari and curry.


What do I like eating at the pub? 
I would much rather eat a starter and a main, than a dessert. 
Calamari, brie, bread and olives and starter platters are amongmy favourite starters.
For mains (this list could be long):
scampi, pie, burgers, bbq chicken, pork belly (damn im actually drooling right now!) I would avoid a pub on a Sunday though. I have yet to find a PERFECT pub sunday lunch!


I'm also a massive sauce fan! I'm a bit saucy! I like to have sauce on everything.
Mayonaise, Ketchup, Tartare, Salad Cream, Vinegar, Salt....I pile on the sauce!


Okay, craving chips and gravy right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment