A random collection of things to Bloggle your mind

Friday 13 April 2012

Teddybear

We all need them, and we have all had one at some point in our lives.
Teddies are a comforter, cuddler, protector and friend. 


The first teddy was made by Steiff in 1903. 


Traditional teddies would be a stuffed toy bear, usually stuffed with white cotton. Some would even have a built in "growler". 


I have had MANY teddies during my lifetime. For me they have been toys, friends, protectors and more recently comforters. I still have my pink teddy from when I was born. She is in such good condition as I never have her on my bed. She remains in the top of my wardrobe. 


On my bed right now I have 4 teddies.
Boobies - Pink Rabbit - given to me for my 18th birthday by one of my friends from 6th form.
Starbuck - Brown Rabbit - a gift from my mum and he looks just like one of my real rabbits.
Eeyore - A random eeyore toy, I think it was one of my boyfriends teddies that he left here, well, it's now mine. He just acts as a little reminder, this one gets talked to alot.
A white teddy given to me for my 21st birthday.


I love teddies. When I was little I used to tuck mine into bed with me (I may just on the odd occasion still do that!)
They are just something to cuddle. A companion that doesn't require much attention. I do actually feel sorry for anyone that doesn't have a teddy. I think everyone should have one. They're not a sign of weakness (maybe vulnerability!) 


Sick of my life be like a rollercoaster right now. I shall be gathering all my teddies tonight for a committee meeting! I feel I need some support here.

No comments:

Post a Comment