A random collection of things to Bloggle your mind

Thursday 12 April 2012

Happy Birthday!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DISNEYLAND PARIS!!!
I cannot believe that you are officially 20 years old today! :D


This magical dreamworld opened on 12th April 1992, and back then there was only 1 park, 6 hotels, Disney Village, empty ride spaces and a sense of naivety among the French.


Disneyland Park contains 5 different themed lands, which I recon is a massive part of it's appeal. Transporting children and adults to a world of magic, imagination, and "if you can dream it we can do it". 
Fantasyland, Discoveryland, Adventureland, Frontierland and Mainstreet USA. 


The park grew, new rides were added and then in April 2002 Walt Disney Studios was opened. This added not only an entire new park, but also a new setting to appeal to an even wider audience.
Transporting guests to the glamour of Hollywood, the Studios gives a backstage tour of the making of many well-known films and an insight into the art of Disney animation. This park includes many adrenaline pumping rides for thrill seekers including "Rock 'n' Rollercoaster" and "Twilightzone Tower of Terror"


Disney Village is a roughly 100m long stretch of shops, nightlife, live shows and fantastic eating places. It is not solely Disney as the village includes Annette's Diner, Rainforest Cafe and Planet Hollywood. A ticket is not required to enter this part of Disneyland Paris.


How long have I been going?
I was born almost exactly a year before Disneyland Paris, I have been visiting since 1992!!! If someone asked me how many times I have been, I would have to say around 20+. I was there over the Millennium. I've been for Easter, Christmas, Halloween and Summer. I've stayed in 3 of the 6 hotels, and have visited with both my family and my ex-boyfriend.
Why do I keep returning?
Because I love it. I see something new everytime I go. I can feel like a child again, and I love the films. I also appreciate the intricate details of the parks and hotels and I know EVERY secret that there is to know about the place, hidden mickeys, hidden references and secret paths. Taking my then boyfriend was such a magical thing for me. I was taking him to a place of my childhood, and to see that he was having fun and the smile on his face was just amazing. The more people I can share Disney with the better!
What is my favourite ride?
God, don't ask me to chose! I suppose I really love Pirates of the Carribean, that's probably my most favourite. Other favourites are Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain and Peter Pan's Flight.
Favourite eating place?
Again, I can't choose! Eating is such a hobby of mine, especially there! Blue lagoon is pretty special as it's situated right on the Pirates ride. Annette's Diner is also really good, a 50's diner with the most amazing burgers and milkshakes. Cowboy cookhouse is also really good for a half chicken smothered in BBQ sauce.....drool!
Favourite Character?
I love all of them, although the villains scare the crap outta me. 
What is the biggest secret I know about the Park?
Well, i'm not going to put the BIGGEST secret I know on here. However here are a few little ones to tickle you
- The 4 clocks along the 2nd floor corridor in the Disneyland Hotel depict the time in each of the Disney Parks around the world.
- Look up at Phantom Manor in Frontierland, you will see the bride standing in the window waiting for her groom (more obvious at night and pretty freaky)
- Outside the Disneyland Hotel there are paving stones that people have bought to commemorate their visit to the Park. Right by the water fountains on the right hand side you will find "BEESON" yes that's us! :)
- Walking through Mainstreet look up at the windows above the shops. The names of many great Disney artists/ imagineers are painted on them.
- Visit the graveyard at Phantom Manor and listen carefully. Hear the heartbeat?....someone was buried alive.


My biggest question is WHEN AM I GOING BACK???

No comments:

Post a Comment