A random collection of things to Bloggle your mind

Sunday 8 April 2012

Cheese Board



I love cheeseboards.
We had a family get together yesterday and mum decided to offer a cheeseboard. On one of our gorgeous green platters she neatly displayed: Brie, Cheddar, Shropshire Blue, Bavarian Smoked, Port Salut and a bunch of grapes.


That is my idea of heaven, and give me a good caramalised onion chutney and some crackers and i'm gone.


That selection above is perfect for me. I love all of those.


In 2010 i visited the Wensleydale cheese factory, something that I really wanted to do. I loved it. I was fascinated by the history of how cheese was made (don't call me sad, you would be too) and watching the cheese being made with modern technology. I'm hoping that one day I will be able to make cheese completely from scratch. From milking the cow/ goat - serving it at the table, I want to be part of the whole process.


Then the tasting. WOW! They have a cold room to the side of the shop where all the cheeses were displayed, all cut into neat little cubes just waiting for me. I could have spent all day there! I was standing there for rather a long time, people had come and gone in that time! They had everything from cheddar to Wensleydale with every kind of extra ingredient you can imagine:
Chive, Onion, Cranberry, Apricot, Ginger, Smoked - just to name a few!




I can't remember which ones I bought, but definitely bought at least 2 packets! If I wasn't camping I would have bought so many more! I even sent a packet of Wallace & Gromit cheese in the post to my family. They have an online shop: http://www.wensleydale.co.uk/shop/ go and check it out!


I am determined to return to the factory soon. If I am ever that way again, I may just accidentally pop in! 







No comments:

Post a Comment