A random collection of things to Bloggle your mind

Tuesday 6 March 2012

P.I.E

So, people who know me well, will know that I am a bit of a foodie!


Pie is one of my favorites.I will happily have it served with almost anything! 
Chips, Mash, Beans, Greens, Gravy just to name a few savory sides.


Pies first appeared around 9000BC. They became popular among those having to make long travels with very few stops for food such as sailors, due to their easy to store and long shelf life nature. 


My favorite savory pie fillings include:
Steak and Ale, Beef and Onion, Chicken, Sausage, Pork, Quiche. (I have even had a Brussels sprout pie!)


Favorite sweet pies would include apple, pumpkin, blackberry, mince, pecan and custard. ALL savory pies (expect mince) should be served with custard in my opinion!



ANY fool will know that the quickest way to MY heart is PASTRY!


Of course I will have to give you all my most favorite pie recipe. This recipe is so simple everyone can do it, from students to OAP's.


SAUSAGE MEAT PIE
Sausagemeat 1lb
1 Onion finely diced
Few leaves of fresh sage (or dried sage will do)
1 Egg
1 Packets of shortcrust pastry


1. Cook the onion until brown
2. Mix in a bowl the sausagemeat,, sage and add the onion
3. Roll the pastry out and cut a circle out to fit both the base of your pie and the top.
4. Place the base in the dish and spoon in the meat mixture.
5.. Put the pastry lid on the pie, use the egg whites to seal the edges and the yolk to give the pie a golden crust.
6. Cook for 40 minutes at 180-200 celcius.


ET VOILA!



No comments:

Post a Comment