A random collection of things to Bloggle your mind

Thursday 1 March 2012

Nandos...How spicy do YOU go?





I must just take this time to show my appreciation for this rather delightful company!


Founded in 1987 in South Africa this once small company has now spread across 30 countries like a bout of bird flu! I mean that in a good way!


Specializing in chicken, with very little else on the menu, they like to cook it in one of their unique marinades. Customers can choose from:
Plain, Lemon and Herb, Medium, Hot, Extra Hot and XX Hot! (Occasionally Mango and Lime or Mediterranean are also on the menu)


So my usual is to go for a plain marinade, and then I can add my own SPICE at their "Sauce Station". Large bottles of sauces stand proud on the shelves among bottles of ketchup, salad dressing and vinaigrette. I like to add Garlic sauce, Ketchup and salad dressing to my butterfly chicken and double chips!


On one occasion I sat opposite someone who decided to pour a rather large amount of XX HOT sauce onto his plate, consequently spending the rest of his meal sniffing and wiping tears from his eyes.
Again I must point out that this so called "Hot Sauce Hero" was in-fact my boyfriend, and as it was our first time to Nando's together (and my first time ever) I still hold the fact that he was trying to prove a point! - No matter what his excuse is otherwise!




So, in a perfect situation my ideal meal at a Nando's resaurant would be:
Starter of houmous and olives followed by butterfly chicken breast and double chips
Washed down with a bottomless drink


The bottomless drink is a novel way of filling up their customers so they are too full to finish any food!


I wasn't always a butterfly chicken girl! I used to quite like the half chicken, however having once been served said dish with a visible deep fried leg and foot! I was rather put off the idea!


So, if you have not tried it before, now is your chance! I can guarantee you will be converted! I certainly was, and now in order for any town to be considered good (in my eyes) it MUST have a Nando's!



No comments:

Post a Comment