A random collection of things to Bloggle your mind

Monday 5 March 2012

The Body Shop

So, as I may or may not have mentioned before, I am a Consultant with The Body Shop at Home. This is a job I have been doing since October 2011.


I make money in a variety of ways, catalogue orders, stock taking, fairs and parties.
To date I have only had 2 parties, one of them was my own! The other was an experience I won't forget, but may not rush back to. Many treat a Body Shop party as "something to do" while they all get pissed. I long for the day when someone ACTUALLY wants to listen and be pampered!


Fairs are my usual way of taking money. Either by buying product cheap and selling on at a good profit, or by taking orders. Have done many of these now, and to be honest I don't make a lot on the day, but it's a day out! I have met some wonderful people, and us stall holders all help each other find events, which is nice!


So to the products! I must admit I rarely used their products. It was the sort of company that people only consider using at Christmas - (still an element of truth in that). 
My top sellers include the Hemp range, which has been recommended by doctors for the use on very dry skin. 


The body butters are a bit of a flop. They are almost unique to Body Shop, especially the wide variety of scents available including: strawberry, Shea, pink grapefruit and olive. But although they smell lovely, they sell badly!


I tend to avoid make-up. I've never really been a huge make-up fan! I always preferred stage make-up. However, going into the Beauty industry I appreciate that personal appearance is crucial! I accept the fact that I will have to be wearing minimal make-up on a daily basis, something i'm not overly looking forward to! But despite my lack of confidence in this area, with Body Shop it is almost a neccesity as it tends to be the products that sell best!


So what would I say to someone wanting to join?
This is a tricky one to answer! Obviously, the more people I recruit, the more money I make. BUT my attitude to it is this......I DO NOT force people into the business. I openly tell them the pros and cons and let them make their own decision. I do not force selling targets upon them (just as I refused to join if they were put upon me). I like to take it all at my own pace. For me, this is not a career path, it is merely something that I wanted to do to add to my C.V. Each person has their own reasons for joining, that is mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment