A random collection of things to Bloggle your mind

Sunday 20 May 2012

Rehearsal number.....can't remember!

Yup
Another Sunday, another rehearsal.
This was our first time in the new venue, it's outdoors. I won't reveal on here where exactly it is, but apparently people do know.


Quite alot of blocking happening today. They created an area the exact size of the stadium, and believe me you feel like an ant inside it! They spent time blocking us, so we knew were exactly we would need to be, what direction to travel etc.


We went through the routines. Painfully they keep adding new pieces on (my brain couldn't take too much today). I think it was easier to dance outside, but I swear there is less room. Without revealing too much we dancers need alot of space to work in, and somehow we just don't have it.


Also spent time "funneling" (watch on the 27th July and all will be revealed.) We worked out where trap doors will be, YES I FINALLY GET TO USE A TRAP DOOR!


Also did a little partner work. Standing close by our dance partner in a SPOONING fashion. Always rather odd to be spooning someone you only met a few minutes ago! Although he was a rather nice boy! The choreography for this number in particular is very challenging on the brain, think quickly! Did hit one or two close dancers on various parts of their bodies! 


All in all a good rehearsal. We have been told make-up ideas and costume changes. I haven't yet resolved my costume drama, but watch this space.....


Trust me, it is BLOODY HARD to not reveal just little snippets of information. After today I do feel more excited, as the scale of what we are part of slowly becomes real.

No comments:

Post a Comment